Appeal for Zakatadmin2017-05-17T10:08:08+00:00
Zakat is the Third Pillar of Islam, it is mentioned 30 times in the Qur’an and 27 of those occasions it was combined with the obligation of Salaat. Therefore Zakat is an obligation for Muslims. Zakat purifies one’s wealth and prevents stinginess and greed when given by a happy heart.
According to one of the Prophet’s hadiths, Zakat is the third pillar of Islam. It was narrated on the authority of Ibn Omar, (May ALLAH be pleased with them) that the Prophet (PBUH) said, “Islam is built on five: To testify that there is no God worthy of worship but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Messenger, to perform As-Salaat (the prayer), and to give Zakat… etc.
Due to the significance of Zakat, Allah, The most High, made it go side by side in many verses of the Quran.
“And perform As-Salaat, and give Zakat, and bow down or submit yourselves with obedience to Allah along with Ar-Raki’oun.” (Al-Baqarah:43)
Truly those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and perform As-Salaat, and give Zakat, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them there will be no fear, nor shall they greive.” (Al-Baqarah: 277)
Benefits for Zakat payers:
1. Allah compensates Zakat payer with more good than his charity, and rewards him in his life and in the hereafter.
2. Zakat help its payer to get rid off stinginess and be purified from bad traits.
3. Allah would take Zakat payer in the shadow of his charity on the Day of Resurrection.
4. Zakat is evidence on the true faith and piety of Zakat payer.
5. Zakat leads to Allah’s forgiveness and mercy.